Sunday, October 10, 2010

I see red...

I didn't do a lot today on other than lay down a base coat of blood-red paint.  I got all sorts of pieces and parts hanging and drying...


That's where it stands right now.  I have to wait 48 hours to give everything a good sanding then lay down another coat of red.  I imagine I'll have to do this at least three times...then a similar process for the clear.  Then reassembly, blah blah blah...

I also need to decide on lettering.  In my original mockup, I was going to put "MALLIN" on the side of the tank...but I don't know.  Here's a look at the original mockup again...


A friend suggested "MALLINATOR"  I dunno...

And, here are two pictures...I'm looking for input on the seat-post color, the seat-post-clamp color and the conduit brackets that hold on the tank...



I'm using simple conduit straps to mount the tank (four of them).  I was thinking of leaving them bare metal, but maybe they need to be red as well?  I guess I could paint them silver?

Basically, I originally thought I would do the seat post the same color as the frame...maybe leave the clamp chrome...the seat rails and springs are black...and leave the rear bracket I fabricated black...

Like this...


But the more I look at it...well, I dunno.

Here are a couple of other choices...




I like the back bracket being the same color as the frame like this picture...


On most original bikes, you cannot see the seat post or clamp, so it's not an issue...

WAIT!!! (I just though of this)... what about leaving the seat post read and making the clamp


Yeah...I still dunno. Maybe I'm brain dead from all the paint fumes...?
I'll think about it over night and see if any of you have opinions in the morning...
Decisions decisions.  I'm sure it will come to me sooner or later...
If you have thoughts on any or all of the above, I'm listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment