Saturday, September 15, 2012

Step Two...

It may not look like much, but I did some work to the bike today...
New cranks (I didn't want to paint a set of Schwinn cranks black, so I went with this), new bottom bracket, new grips, new wheels (black rims and black spokes), new tires, new tubes, new chain...

A little progress is better than no progress!

I do need to find my grease press (a little tool that I have that forces grease into bearings better than trying to do it by hand).
Now I need to tear it all back down again...chemically remove the chrome from all of the chrome parts...and paint the frame and fork. I figure it will look a little like this...

My hack job of changing the color, but you get the idea...
Basically the frame and half the fork will be flat white...pretty much everything else will be black.  Sorry there's not more, but it's something...

Stay tuned...more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment