Thursday, July 22, 2010

Waiting sucks.

Well, the bike won't be ready tomorrow [insert sad face here].

My powder-coat guy called me today... he asked about the serial number on the head tube.  Basically he said the frame looked awesome, but they didn't coat the serial number on the head tube.  So there's a 2" strip in the head tube that's not coated so the serial number shows.

In a perfect world, I would have had them coat over it, and I guess he heard that tone in my voice when I said it would be "OK."  He replied, "No, that's not what you want; I want you to be happy."  So he's going to blast the entire frame again and recoat it tomorrow.

On one hand I'm sad the bike won't be done tomorrow, but on the other hand, I'm thrilled with the customer service.  In the long run, I'll be happier--besides, the chrome won't be done by this weekend anyway...

On a positive note, the front wheel came in today!

Insert bike here

So more waiting [insert another sad face here]...

No comments:

Post a Comment