Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Project 3"

I mentioned earlier that I was looking at creating another bike.  Since that post I've done a bit of research. Turns out that the style is called "board track." Board track racing was popular between the second and third decades of the 20th century. Competitors would race on oval race courses with surfaces composed of wooden planks. Typically motorcycles did the racing...something that looked like this...


Here's another version of a board track style bicycle I like a lot...


Since Bruizer is done, I am on to this new project. I imaging it will take longer than Bruizer, because I need to find a lot of different parts, and because I want to take my time. So far I have found a bike to get me started...


I've narrowed the color choice to green or orange because I really want a tan fully sprung Brooks saddle and I think the orange or green would look the best. Here are some mockups...


So that's the direction I'm heading...and here's where I currently am with the project...





Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment