Friday, October 9, 2009

The Details....

I picked up a couple of things... a freewheel and aluminum seatpost...

The aluminum seat post looks muchas better than the black one in my opinion...



Then I installed the freewheel on the other side of the hub and flipped the wheel over...



I got a 16-tooth for the freewheel.  The fixed gear is a 17...



So that's that... now I need to decide on a color scheme.  And the more I look at the red and yellow, the more it's growing on me.  It's sorta reminds me of Flash Gordon!



I spent a little time on PEDALMAFIA (and Fireworks) and designed the following...
You can click any image to enlarge it, by the way...


... hard to see, but note the Flash Gordon logo on the down tube.  I reckon this design looks OK, though I guess I'd have to get the T-shirt...

I've also considered black...
By the way, I drew a Chris King headset on all of the designs.  Turns out a buddy of mine from the gym has one he's going to sell me fo' good price.

... but it seems like lots of folks go with black.

So Tim gave me an idea.  He said why not paint it like my truck, "Sherman"...


... hmm!

So this is what it would look like painted green...

... and I have "SHERMAN" on the top tube.  I actually think this might be the ticket!  I also think a Brooks saddle would be the cat's ass to complete the project...



(I wish they were not so expensive).

Anyway, that sums up where I am right now.  If you have an opinion about the paint scheme, feel free to leave a comment.


Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment