Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Doing the Math...


Well, I decided to run the numbers on this project.  I actually expected it to be worse than it was, but with friends, used and old parts... it really wasn't that bad for what it's going to be...

The following are items I've paid for:

  • Wheels: $220
  • Tires: $70
  • Tubes: $10
  • Powder coat: $161
  • Seat post: $30
  • Grips: $20
  • Chain: $20
  • Freewheel: $20
  • Headset: $50

Grand Total so far... $601.
Geez... it sure do add up quickly!
CRAP!!! that $601 is without the Brooks seat...

But let's see...

  1. Frame - Free, thanks Tim!
  2. Fork - Free, thanks West End Cycles
  3. Cranks - Free, thanks Tim!
  4. Rear cog - Free, thanks Tim!
  5. Front brake - Free, thanks Tim and Dr. Josh!
  6. Quill - Free, thanks Tim!
  7. Handlebars - Free, thanks Dr. Josh!
  8. Pedals - Free, thanks Houston Gym!
  9. Seat - Free, thanks Tim! (but when... if... I get the Brooks, I will return this one to Tim)

Well, for starting with the idea of building something from nothing, I sure did manage to spend a lot more than I thought I would...

Oh well, it's still cheaper than a comparable new one... and since I built it, it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment