Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Bruizer!

My buddy, Magnolia Marc, brought over his dad's 1941 Western Flyer.  Nice!


Marc wanted to know if I could restore it...and of course I could...but the reality is that I do not have enough free days in a row to complete it in a timely manner, and it would be extremely difficult for me to put a price on it because there's no clue what it's ultimately going to cost.

Since Marc brought the bike over, I've developed the bug to do one of my own.  If it takes two to three months...or two to three years for that matter, no biggie...I have the time.

So I started looking for a bike and ultimately found this for $30...


It's not much to look at...at least not yet...but it will be!

The first thing I did today when I got it home was tear it down...


I thought I would call it a day at that, but the teardown went so quickly, I decided to try and clean up a few parts to see what it would take to get some of the rust off, etc.  The following pictures show the results of that effort...












Obviously there's more to come...a lot more!

Stay tuned...there really is a plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment