Sunday, August 29, 2010

Doesn't look like much...but it was a lot...

You ever have a time where you worked your butt off, but it really didn't look like you did a whole lot?  This evening was one of those instances...

I put on a spare set of mountain bike tires while I await my Quick Bricks to arrive.  Apparently they will not ship until after the 8th.

I also needed to mount the motor more permanently...but I needed some rubber pieces to go between the motor and the frame.  Not a problem...just look on the side of the road and you can find exactly what you need...


With a hacksaw and some patience, I was able to make the rubber insert I needed...


It was a pain the in butt getting the motor mounted, but I finally got it done.

I also installed a chain...and some old pedals to hold me over until I can go get some nicer ones.  Then I did the majority of the wiring...  The way the wiring comes from the factory leaves a little to be desired, so I redid all of it...and still have a little more to do.  I also got the clutch working and installed the ignition coil.  I even pedaled it around a bit...

Here's where it is right now...


So that's all for now.  I probably won't do much until next weekend.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment