Saturday, August 28, 2010

Update on the Board Track Racer...

Today was a good day!  Sergio told me about a Sprockets Bicycles and More near Kingwood, Texas.  Magnolia Marc and I met Sergio up there to go through the boneyard of old bikes.  I needed a few bits and pieces for my project.  Matthew Morrison, the owner of the shop, was kind enough to let us rummage through all of the old bikes.  As luck would have it, I found everything I was looking for and spent a total of $13! For that $13 I got three and a half crank arms, three sprockets, a neck and a set of handlebars...and Matthew even let us take off parts there in his shop.


Matthew was great!  I highly recommend Matthew's shop to anyone looking for bike parts...great shop...great guy!

When I got home, I was able to spend a little time fitting various bits and pieces to the bike.  Here's where I am as of this evening...


Clearly there is a lot left to do...but I'm making progress.

I'll spend some time tonight or tomorrow making my tank out of cardboard to use as a template for the steel version.  My tires are on backorder, so I'm still waiting for those.  I still need to fabricate some sort of "oil pump" to go below the engine, yada yada yada...

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment