Saturday, September 25, 2010

Getting into the details...

Last night and today I worked on my fuel tank. I purchased a Kreem tank liner kit and went through all of the gyrations required thoroughly line and seal the tank. It seemed to work perfectly. Looking down into the tank, you can see the white liner….


The Kreem tank liner requires 24 hours to drive before putting any fuel into the tank. I will probably give it a couple days to ensure it's completely dry given the humidity we have here.

Next I worked on the exterior of the tank. Sanding…Bondo…sanding…Bondo…and so on and so forth…


I got it close enough to give it a coat of primer. I'll work on the finish more when I'm ready to paint, etc. That'll be awhile…so the primer will protect the exterior of the tank until I'm ready…


Next it was on to the fuel line. The rubber hose looks ugly…and I wanted a copper fuel line anyway. Without a whole lot of thinking, I was able to get the fuel line installed.


And yes…there is a filter; it's inside the petcock.  Here's how everything looks so far...primered tank and copper fuel line...


The final thing I wanted to accomplish was to remove the "chain tensioner" from the chain on my faux oil pump. To accomplish this required significant amounts of pain and suffering…but it lost--I won!


Looks much better!

I also switched the pedals for a less ratty set...though the new set are still a little ratty.

Anyway, that's all for now.  Tomorrow morning I get to put fuel back into the tank and go for a ride! Slowly but surely, it's taking shape.

More later...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bill, I was looking for images online for our new website and came across your blog. My name is Carlos and I am the Graphic Designer for Monark Forks, I was wondering if I can possibly use one of your pics for our homepage. We need a good pic of a motorized bike with monarks. Please email me at locell44@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure...feel free to use any picture you like. Send me a link to whatever you do. (and sorry for the delay, I didn't see that I had a comment until just now).

    ReplyDelete