Sunday, September 12, 2010

Now that's an engine!

So this is another one of those times where it doesn't look like a lot was done, but it took a long time to do it!

I worked on my faux oil pump today…and also welded the pin-hole leaks in my gas tank. The tank welding was easy…the oil pump…a little challenging. I mean, even to get to here took entirely too long...


But eventually I got it installed. I had to fabricate another piece of aluminum for the other side…then figure out how to mount a chain tensioner…blah blah blah. Seriously…I know it doesn't look like a lot, but dang it…what a pain!


When you step back and look at it all together…tis nice, no?

 

Hopefully my tires will get here this week; I need to install those...and I want to move the choke elsewhere...and I have a lot of finish work to do--like grinding welds, installing the rear fender, filling all the scratches from the grinding, installing some copper tubing, yada yada...

Anyway, it's coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment