Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Almost...

Well, as I mentioned earlier...tonight was the night for the final coat of color paint on the tank. I dry sanded everything...then wet sanded everything to make it as smooth as possible.  There are a couple/three imperfections in the tank...I left them.  The reality is, I don't want it to me "flawless;" I want it to look as authentic as possible, so the imperfections add to the character.  Anyway, I think it turned out beautiful!


I'm very pleased!

So for the next 48 hours I will let the paint dry.  Friday afternoon (night) I'll go see Kurt so he can pinstripe and put the "Mallin" graphics on the sides of the tank.   Then the tank will get a coat of clear enamel...then 48 hours after that I will reassemble everything and take a few glamour shots of the bike and call it officially "Done!"

Almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment