Saturday, October 9, 2010

More details...

Today I got a chance to work on the bike a bit.  I spent a lot of time sanding sanding sanding...then Bondo Bondo Bondo...then more sanding sanding sanding.  Here's a shot of the frame at some point during the process...


At some other point I got it to a point where I could put down a coat of primer...



Here are some of the other bits and pieces with the first coat of primer...





Clearly everything will need to be sanded again...probably a little more Bondo...then some more sanding...then another coat of primer...then more sanding...then the first color coat...and so on...

And even better...my wheels are done!  I mounted the Quick Bricks on them today...NICE!


I was able to get the white letters off of the side using some MEK.  Here's a close up of the tread...


Retro!

So that's it for today.  I'll probably piddle a bit tomorrow with sanding and primering...

I'm in the home stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment