Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mas progress...

I had some time this afternoon to do a little work on my project.  As I've mentioned several times, I needed something to fill the area where the oil pump used to be on the turn-of-the-century board track racers.  Well…I finally found something!  I went to see my buddy Vic at The Rover Shoppe…he let me wander around a bit and within a few minutes I found it--a fan clutch out of an old Land Rover…perfect!

I spend some time drawing and subsequently cutting out a bracket to hold it.  I need to weld in a couple of bracket to bolt it to the frame, but this is what it looks like right now…sans paint, etc., but you get the idea…



I have to make another bracket for the other side, weld on the brackets (like I mentioned before) and then install a shaft and gear for the chain that will run to it…yada yada… but at least it's taking shape!

I've also mentioned how I wasn't happy with the seat, so I fabricated a bracket and a way to mount it to the seat and the bike…looks nice and will support the back of the seat…



And then one other thing I was able to accomplish was to weld a tab to the frame to mount the chain tensioner.  I had this bolt-on thing that looked like crap, so I cut it up and was able to use a piece of it to accomplish the mission. And actually, I was going to weld it, but Sergio (I was at his shop) welded it while I was working on my seat bracket.  Thanks Sergio…but you only welded one side…now I got to weld the other!

hmm...gonna need to clean up those welds :-)
So not much time, but it feels good to knock out a few piddly things.

Mas later…

No comments:

Post a Comment